Feeding Mussle Style

timocean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week ago I bought a Chelmon. Unfortunately, mussle in the shell is the only thing he is accepting as food. I put two fresh muscles a day. Unfortunately, since then my nutritions went up quite a bit, and it is also a bit cumbersome to feed/buy fresh mussels regularly. So here are my questions:
- How many muscles a day is enough? Or how can I feed muscles without making the nutritions go up?
- What is the easiest way to feed mussles? Washing yes/no? Attaching a thread to get them out afterwards? Using frozen instead of fresh?…

Any hints are welcome! Thanks!!

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Half a mussel a day is more than enough provided that you have other fish that chime in (wrasses, clowns...)

OP
OP
T

timocean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the hints. Will try Masticks and as long he does not eat that, reduce to half a mussle. Unfortunately, my yellow wrasse chases him off the mussle so far, when only one is provided. The tank is 120 gallon, and Inremove the shells the next day.

@Koty Thanks for sharing the vid? Can you move the feeder up and down from the outside? If so what brand is it? Do you use frozen or fresh mussle?

Koty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plan to cut the mussel in a way thst the CBB snout will be an advantage...
In my tank the scopas is chasing the CBB but he does not give up

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back