Feeding NPS corals (Esp. Non-Photosynthetic Gorgonians). Would Easybooster Phyto suspension feed them or do they require different foods?

monicalooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever way your tank is setup, these are the two main keys, 1. Get polyps to open, 2. Pacific oysters are a plus for MOST NPS CORALS. Oysters filter water naturally and add vital nutrients back to water that corals love.

Screenshot_2020-07-30-09-48-28-1.png 1552250-8eca3bccf4e75e2e3387e1af1319c953.jpg Screenshot_2020-07-29-23-40-39-1.png Screenshot_2020-07-27-17-59-11-1.png
How long would you expect it to take for a yellow finger gorgonian to puff up and really open its polyps? I added mine a week ago. Feeding live phytofeast, PNS probio, rotifeast, oyster feast, reef frenzy nano, spiralina enriched brine shrimp all daily (broadcast), and reef roids 1x per week. I have tons of copepods and the tank was started with live rock from kp aquatics.

1. is that feeding regimen sufficient for NPS gorgs?

2. I suspect flow might be the issue. I've read everything from low flow to high flow; turbulent flow to unidirectional laminar flow; intermediate speed to bidirectional laminar flow. Which is it?

3. I'm in the process of building a refrigerated auto-doser. I will add pacific oysters and macros to assist with filtration. Running a massive canister on a 21g long filled with bioballs. Thoughts?

4. I'm late to the party on this post, but I'm open to any and all advice. I adore NPS snd filter feeders, and I want to be successful.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 51 42.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 57 47.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back