Feeding polyp’s

Joe Batt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
495
Reaction score
284
Location
Dubai
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you feed a colony, do the various polyps share the food internally within the colony or does just the head that gets the food get fed?
 
I always looked at it as every polyp /head should get fed , I am sure they will share excess nutes but i feed them all ..
 
When you feed a colony, do the various polyps share the food internally within the colony or does just the head that gets the food get fed?
I was reading about Gorgonians the other day and it mentioned that food received by one polyp is shared throughout the coral. I would assume this is the case for other corals as well that are so interconnected as one entity. But saying that, I still try to feed them all, lol.
 
Depending on what coral your referring too. SPS polyps I don't feed each one, lps like euphyllia, blastos, micromussa get fed individually but a chalice I would not. If your meaning zoas/palys I would dust the colony.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new