Feeding Questions

Mizu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!

My 32 gallon tank currently consists of the following: (I just added the bottom 3 fish two days ago)

2x Black storm Clownfish (on the smaller side about 1 inch)
1x Helfrichi firefish (also on the smaller side)
1x Citrinis Clown goby (hes my biggest fish about 2 inches)
1x Yasha shrimp goby (smaller side as well)

1x Cleaner shrimp
10~ snails

Ive been feeding 3x a day, typically ive been using 1 full frozen cube of brine shrimp per day and in the afternoon I also throw in a few pieces of Nori (1/20th of a sheet)

The issue im having is my yasha goby is pretty shy, hes interested in the food and is becoming more outgoing every hour but gets rattled kind of easily and throughout the feeding process will maybe get 1 piece of brine shrimp and I don't want to see him starve so the past few days ive been throwing in extra food (another quarter of a cube) to try and target him with mixed results. (After the food it all gone it looks like hes trying to poke hsi head out and look for more, but every time I target feed he runs and the shrimp steals his food.)

Is this too much food and could it lead to an ammonia spike? Im not sure how much I should be feeding these 5 fish, they do eat everything I throw in for the most part however it takes them 5-10 minutes.

Also, if anyone has any different foods they could maybe recommend that'd be great! I did add copepods and amphipods to my tank about a week ago but I have no idea if they survived, I haven't seen them.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TDO pellets, spirulina brine shrimp, mysis, blood worms, fish eggs

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back