Feeding Snail

icehood24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just transferred my fish and Astraea snail into my new cycled tank that doesn’t have any algae growing. I don’t want my snail to starve and have no idea what to do. I tried nori but it got all messy and the snail barely ate it. I have algae wafers but have no idea how I’m supposed to feed it to the snail, because if i try to put it in front of the snail the snail just pushes it away. Any advice or tips? If necessary I am able to return the snail to my lfs.

OP
OP
I

icehood24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just transferred my fish and Astraea snail into my new cycled tank that doesn’t have any algae growing. I don’t want my snail to starve and have no idea what to do. I tried nori but it got all messy and the snail barely ate it. I have algae wafers but have no idea how I’m supposed to feed it to the snail, because if i try to put it in front of the snail the snail just pushes it away. Any advice or tips? If necessary I am able to return the snail to my lfs.
I can also return and get an urchin in case they are any easier to feed or anything?

Chortanator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be totally fine, if your tank just finished cycling, you're going to get diatoms and algae soon. If you want to feed nori without it falling apart, turn off the pump and use a rubber band to attach it to a rock

Back