Feeding snails in QT

reeftwincities

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2021
Messages
130
Reaction score
144
Location
MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to quarantine some snails and I'm worried I won't have enough algae. Has anyone ever feed snails or witnessed them eat nori?
 
Turbo snails and trochus always went for nori in QT for me.
The one time I tried a couple of astraea snails they wouldn't (but that was one experience).

Nassarius love Masstick but it's probably not necessary,,, anything meaty, I think.

I always throw a couple of rocks from main tank into invert QT so usually has some "stuff" on it to help out.
*this is timely because I just finished setting up QT getting ready for some inverts again within the last hour
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new