Feel like hurling

  • Thread starter Thread starter JayDiver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JayDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2012
Messages
36
Reaction score
4
Location
Va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a standard WC yesterday, got home last night and 3 different montis in the tank had gone white! The acros and other SPS seem ok. I may have hit these with the WC water to blow the sand off but I've done that before. The pokerstars montion the other side of the tank seems OK. They still have polyps so I'm hoping they'll recover. Is there hope? Not a great pic but...
d12c096fba3f61f23b3c06dd59681179.jpg
 
Probably, a change in parameters due to the WC.
ALK, CAL, PH and Temp either one or more if not all might have been off this time around.
Always check you new mixed saltwater if all # are close to what your tank # are.
I'll do three small WC a week of 5 gallon and I'm not much worried if my new water is in check as 5 gallon doesn't do much to upset my 240 total gallon volume in the DT.
Next time play save and use a turkey blaster to blow sand of the Monti's after your WC.
Hoping they will recover for you.
Hand feed them just a little bit in the next couple of days.
 
Keep it stable.. they will bounce back with a little time :-)
 
Thanks all, at least there's hope that they'll come back. Live and learn, I'll keep the WC water away from the coral!
 
As long as there is still tissue on them (meaning its alive, but just bleached) they will come back. I've seen a monti cap go completely white due to a broken heater and it came back to normal within a few months.
 
I'm hoping they can recover but they were pretty slimy today and look even worse. I feel sick, they were growing so well!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new