Female clown acting weird?

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again all,

just trying to figure out what’s going on with my female clown fish. My pair has been in this tank for about 5 months now and they’ve never hosted anything. The male and female seemed to be a pair because they always stuck around each other throughout the day and into the night. But about a month ago I added a RBTA to my tank in hopes they would host it but to no avail. However! My female decided to host my purple bubble coral, which I first I wasn’t excited about because i didn’t want it to close up. To my surprise the bubble coral is doing better than ever and seems to inflate even more than it used too! But my female clown seems detached from the male as they are no longer around each other anymore, on top of that she rarely leaves the coral. She seems to just kinda lay on it all day or swim next to it but she rarely leaves, even when feeding! I typically have to feed a lot because my Royal Gramma INHALES every pellet it sees! But even when some manage to get near her she never goes for it, so the last three days she’s hasn’t and idk what’s going on with her.

so summary, because I know that was long. After hosting purple bubble coral my female clown does not eat or even leave my coral, she seems kinda slow, and her and the male are never together anymore. Any suggestions as to what it might be??

6F4C4DB8-8387-4981-9715-A5D5F62CCCB2.jpeg 018DDAF6-13D7-487D-8DD7-4797882B46A2.jpeg BCD3950B-D694-4163-8E27-30AB28FFDEE7.jpeg

OP
OP
G

gavinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again all,

just trying to figure out what’s going on with my female clown fish. My pair has been in this tank for about 5 months now and they’ve never hosted anything. The male and female seemed to be a pair because they always stuck around each other throughout the day and into the night. But about a month ago I added a RBTA to my tank in hopes they would host it but to no avail. However! My female decided to host my purple bubble coral, which I first I wasn’t excited about because i didn’t want it to close up. To my surprise the bubble coral is doing better than ever and seems to inflate even more than it used too! But my female clown seems detached from the male as they are no longer around each other anymore, on top of that she rarely leaves the coral. She seems to just kinda lay on it all day or swim next to it but she rarely leaves, even when feeding! I typically have to feed a lot because my Royal Gramma INHALES every pellet it sees! But even when some manage to get near her she never goes for it, so the last three days she’s hasn’t and idk what’s going on with her.

so summary, because I know that was long. After hosting purple bubble coral my female clown does not eat or even leave my coral, she seems kinda slow, and her and the male are never together anymore. Any suggestions as to what it might be??

6F4C4DB8-8387-4981-9715-A5D5F62CCCB2.jpeg 018DDAF6-13D7-487D-8DD7-4797882B46A2.jpeg BCD3950B-D694-4163-8E27-30AB28FFDEE7.jpeg
The 2nd photo is an old one right as she started to host so you can kinda see how much the coral has grown since she hosted it! And that’s only like a week apart

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 63 42.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 71 47.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back