Female clown not looking good

HotSpringsReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Messages
51
Reaction score
132
Location
Hot Springs, AR
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of snowflake clowns. They've been in the tank for three weeks. BTA's hosted them on the first day and they are almost always in a nem.

My male seems active and fine but the female has just more or less been lying in the nems for two days. She moves around from nem to nem occasionally and everytime the powerheads swap directions but other than that isn't very active.

She seems to be breathing normal as far as I can tell. I don't see any visible signs of disease but I am new to this.

Temp - 79°
Ph - 8.4
Nitrate - 0
Phosphate - 0
Ammonia - More than 0 but less than 0.25
API test kit

20191025_211306.jpg 15720611112916743106305147892639.jpg
 
Maybe she just likes to be less active. My female is always up in the corner where she sleeps more often than my Male....unless there is any sign of stress from ammonia I wouldnt worry about it.
 
Maybe she just likes to be less active. My female is always up in the corner where she sleeps more often than my Male....unless there is any sign of stress from ammonia I wouldnt worry about it.
Cool, thanks. That's what I'm hoping. I'm brand new to the hobby though and figure someone here may see or know something that I'm not picking up on.
 
Cool, thanks. That's what I'm hoping. I'm brand new to the hobby though and figure someone here may see or know something that I'm not picking up on.
They look good from the pics. Clownfish are a funny kind of fish, sometimes they can be really active and others not so much. Both of mine do things similar to this, they lay around in their nem until feeding time and then they're as active as can be. I wouldn't worry too much unless they start to swim weird or show signs of stress and disease.
 
They look good from the pics. Clownfish are a funny kind of fish, sometimes they can be really active and others not so much. Both of mine do things similar to this, they lay around in their nem until feeding time and then they're as active as can be. I wouldn't worry too much unless they start to swim weird or show signs of stress and disease.
Thank you. I really appreciate everyone's input!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new