Fighting conch in bare bottom QT....care needs?

Sagecritter4life

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2017
Messages
370
Reaction score
357
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay invert folks wanting to start a Fighting Conch through QT procedure but where bare bottom how should I handle its needs? Algae tabs? Wanting to stir my sand a little better in main tank but suggestions how to get it through the 76 days in QT to get it there lol...

Thanks
 
I don't usually QT invertebrates but when I QT a watchman goby I placed a shallow bowl of sand in the QT tank. With a fighting conch you might be able to use a Tupperware to get a deep enough sand bed.

Not sure what to feed it, maybe Nori.
 
I don't usually QT invertebrates but when I QT a watchman goby I placed a shallow bowl of sand in the QT tank. With a fighting conch you might be able to use a Tupperware to get a deep enough sand bed.

Not sure what to feed it, maybe Nori.

Yeah that's a good idea on dish of sand and I guess may just try couple things feeding wise....hmmm
 
Just put 3 of them at once through QT rotating algae tabs and Nori once every 3-4 days. No sand and they were fine in a 20L for the entire duration.

That's good to hear.... thanks bean least gives me confidence that can be done successfully
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new