Fighting High Nitrates

hi
I think you should:
discontinue the rowa phos
check the po4 with the better checker like HANA
if its around 0/04 ppm you should dose phosphate (Neophos by Brightwell)
do 20 % water changes every other day for 3 times
check your RO TDS it should be zero

I checked it with a Hanna checker and it reads .13. Also, I bought an iron test kit and its showing next to nothing, barely readable.
 
I don't think your levels are so high that you animals are at risk. Don't try to change too much too fast. Make one change at a time and give it a month to see what what happens. The balance in my nutrient cycle got off and I had a nutrient spike similar to what you have and it corrected in two months with no changes made at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new