Hyposalinity or copperpower (or coppersafe) at 2.5ppm for 30 days at 81F

Duplicate thread :)

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have inverts like snails and what not, you can put them in a small tank during a hyposalinity period

GT3000XX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great success with Copper Power dosed over a few days to bring level up to minimum 2.0 to max 2.5. Use Hanna HR copper test kit to check levels and test daily and do not allow level to drop below 2.0. Once you reach the 2.0 minimum, start the 30 day clock. If it does drop below 2.0 reset the 30 day clock. No need to change temp. I run my FOWLR at 1.020 SG normally. After the 30 days stop dosing and run Cuprisorb and Polyfilter to remove copper. It will take a while to remove the copper to undetectable levels. Good luck.

angelsandtangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like stated above copper power is great to use on a folwr .. depending on the amount of rock and such you could use up till twice the dosage required .. 1st week testing is critical I test 3 times daily and add as needed after week one levels tend to level off and I go to twice daily testing than 3rd week daily .. after 30 days I do a huge water change and start running cuprisorb takes a good month or so between water changes and cuprisorb to remove all traces of copper .. and than remind your self after to always qt fish and never trust anyone that says they sell qt fish just my imo I got ick twice from fully qt fish ..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back