Figi plate coral is this in a good place or not thanks

Jakedanijacob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone got this figi plate coral have I put it in a good place or not

998E29FF-FCF4-4768-B1AD-870B10D6DD4A.jpeg BDA8CD06-AF11-46AC-98D1-F4BB736BF7C9.jpeg

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good to me. You want them low and moderate to low flow. Don’t forget to feed that guy meaty food a couple times a week. Not only is it fun to watch them eat they will get very fluffy and happy doing so. Good luck

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always keep plates on the sand bed, they do have the ability to move a little bit so watch for that, but as long as they aren't in high flow under too much light they're good.

OP
OP
Jakedanijacob

Jakedanijacob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have stuck it to that rock with proxy putty and can they eat pellets or can I cut shrimp up and feed tiny bits

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It probably won't like that.... there is flesh all the way around and under it. Did you just barely attach it? It can eat pellets but shrimp and other foods will work well too

OP
OP
Jakedanijacob

Jakedanijacob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have put the putty on a rock then I just pushed the plat to it abit till it just was holding then put it in frag tray then moved it out after 4hr seems to be okay but yeah it was slimey do you want a closer pic of how I have got it stuck down it keep getting knocked and moved my crabs and shrimp and fish

OP
OP
Jakedanijacob

Jakedanijacob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It probably won't like that.... there is flesh all the way around and under it. Did you just barely attach it? It can eat pellets but shrimp and other foods will work well too
How big do plates get

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have put the putty on a rock then I just pushed the plat to it abit till it just was holding then put it in frag tray then moved it out after 4hr seems to be okay but yeah it was slimey do you want a closer pic of how I have got it stuck down it keep getting knocked and moved my crabs and shrimp and fish

Like I said they can actually move on their own, adhering it to a rock could lead to some issues either as it grows or if it gets infected. It could also just slime it's way off of the putty. And depending on the plate (Heliofungia actiniformis gets quite large) around 6" or so.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back