Coral Identification and Placement Tips

AdotBdot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, a beginner reefer here. I got a second hand tank recently a waterbox 60. Cycled it for 2 months and have put in 6 fish and plan to add 2 more.

I recently was given a few corals and I have placed them in my tank and they seem to be doing well. I do not know what type of coral they are and what level of light is required.

I eventually want to get some mushrooms, torches and some Gonipora. The leather is on a small rock and placed at the back of the tank. Please also suggest, what other corals would do well for a beginner and where I can place in my tank.

Light is a Blaxe Ilumagic

Can I please get pointers on if my corals are placed well.

Thanks
IMG_0710.jpeg
IMG_0711.jpeg IMG_0712.jpeg IMG_0713.jpeg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with that exact light but your corals look happy “at least for the time being” where you placed them… give them time and see if you notice any differences in them! If not then keep on rocking.

OP
OP
AdotBdot

AdotBdot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not familiar with that exact light but your corals look happy “at least for the time being” where you placed them… give them time and see if you notice any differences in them! If not then keep on rocking.
Thanks, another quick question. See how my leather is slanting. Do I need to tie it up ? Or is that natural and will work it’s own way ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back