Fiji 24 sump 2nd Gen Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter ph2505
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ph2505

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2022
Messages
123
Reaction score
40
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to get a Fiji 24 Sump 2nd gen and I have read a couple reviews saying different things, I am trying to see if anyone has been able to slot in a Red Sea ReefMat Roller 250 instead of using the Fiji roller which seems to be getting not the greatest reviews?

If so wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing a pic of your setup! Thanks much.
 
Bumping your post!
 
Looking to get a Fiji 24 Sump 2nd gen and I have read a couple reviews saying different things, I am trying to see if anyone has been able to slot in a Red Sea ReefMat Roller 250 instead of using the Fiji roller which seems to be getting not the greatest reviews?

If so wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing a pic of your setup! Thanks much.
Yeah whatever you do, DO NOT get the Fiji roller, it does work, keeps getting stuck no matter what. I am looking for one that fits as well, if not I am swapping my entire sump, not dealing with fiji anymore.
 
Yeah whatever you do, DO NOT get the Fiji roller, it does work, keeps getting stuck no matter what. I am looking for one that fits as well, if not I am swapping my entire sump, not dealing with fiji anymore.
How long before it got stuck? When getting stuck you would hit the roller button and it wouldn't move? I ask because i got the V2 with the upgraded motor, hopefully mine doesn't get stuck lol

I've heard about the V1 failing all the time.

Seems like they got a fix on it since someone recommended the V2 and they've had no issues since being sent out the v2. (I believe they call it the v1.5)
 
Last edited:
Looking to get a Fiji 24 Sump 2nd gen and I have read a couple reviews saying different things, I am trying to see if anyone has been able to slot in a Red Sea ReefMat Roller 250 instead of using the Fiji roller which seems to be getting not the greatest reviews?

If so wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing a pic of your setup! Thanks much.

A few pics.

1722920136347.png



1722920127795.png


1722920157913.png
 
Last edited:

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new