Fiji 32gal ext overflow tank

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the thread title and was like YES! Someone got the tank I’ve been eyeing. I’ll get great insight from them hahaha

I can say that I spoke with a BRS rep and he said a few people in their office himself included have the bigger Fiji’s and are very happy with them.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and like it. It is solidly built and looks great. Always get the largest sump you can. Bigger is always better when it comes to sumps. The overflow can be a bit noisy, took a lot of time to tune it.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the thread title and was like YES! Someone got the tank I’ve been eyeing. I’ll get great insight from them hahaha

I can say that I spoke with a BRS rep and he said a few people in their office himself included have the bigger Fiji’s and are very happy with them.
I think I’m gonna pull the trigger
Then it will be about selling my 16gal to recoup some of my money!

I thought about going bigger but that means buying another light. And I’m not ready for that. I thinkjust doubling my tank size and adding a sump will also help me keep my tank stable.

I guess it’s an early Christmas for me!

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and like it. It is solidly built and looks great. Always get the largest sump you can. Bigger is always better when it comes to sumps. The overflow can be a bit noisy, took a lot of time to tune it.
How do you size the return pump?

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Sicce SDC 6.0. I love it. You need a pump that will do about 10x tank volume plus sump volume. 32g DT + 20g Sump = 5-600 gph pump. Get a DC one if you can. Use a gate valve, not a ball valve on main drain line from tank. That is my biggest mistake. I will never do that again. Ball valves are almost impossible to tune correctly.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 Kessil a360wes on mine. Zoas and palys are growing like crazy and SPS are doing great. A line spot wrasse is very happy in mine. Flow in the tank can be a little hard to figure out. Cubes are a little harder to figure out flow wise. I have an MP10 and an MP40. The original plan was a 120. I will upgrade in the Spring if things stay the same or get better. Good luck!

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Sicce SDC 6.0. I love it. You need a pump that will do about 10x tank volume plus sump volume. 32g DT + 20g Sump = 5-600 gph pump. Get a DC one if you can. Use a gate valve, not a ball valve on main drain line from tank. That is my biggest mistake. I will never do that again. Ball valves are almost impossible to tune correctly.
Question about the plumbing. Do I need to glue everything together?

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 Kessil a360wes on mine. Zoas and palys are growing like crazy and SPS are doing great. A line spot wrasse is very happy in mine. Flow in the tank can be a little hard to figure out. Cubes are a little harder to figure out flow wise. I have an MP10 and an MP40. The original plan was a 120. I will upgrade in the Spring if things stay the same or get better. Good luck!
I have an ai prime 16hd. They do cover a 24x24 inche area. I only have a few lps and mostly zoas. I’m assuming this should still be enough light for the tank. ?

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that pump is pricey!
This pump says it is adjustable and does 568gph that should work?
5568FEAB-5C0E-4CAA-AE01-0FFBE54CC9E6.png

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question about the plumbing. Do I need to glue everything together?
IME glue AND unions is the way to go. Place the unions in places where you think to yourself “if i have to take this entire run apart it’s gonna be a nightmare. Sure would be convenient if I had a union here” (you’ll be glad you did trust me)

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ai prime 16hd. They do cover a 24x24 inche area. I only have a few lps and mostly zoas. I’m assuming this should still be enough light for the tank. ?
Should be good on the light. Dry fit all the PVC then glue it. I forget how much it goes in after you add glue. I think its 1/8 or 1/4 of inch.
Go up a size on the pump. You have to add for head pressure.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME glue AND unions is the way to go. Place the unions in places where you think to yourself “if i have to take this entire run apart it’s gonna be a nightmare. Sure would be convenient if I had a union here” (you’ll be glad you did trust me)
Ok so then a union above where the pvc goes into the stand would maybe another one below it as well.

I feel a Home Depot run in my future

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Keep it simple, and use silicone tubing from pump to PVC. About a 1 foot length and use plastic clips, not metal.
So just enough silicone tubing to bring the water out of the sump and then the rest of the return line should be pvc

DirtDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Fiji 32 ext and am very pleased with it for my first saltwater tank. I did have a quality issue that was resolved by fiji cube. Also, I upgrade to the fiji 20 sump over the 15. Currently running a varios 2 return pump and and gen 5 xr15. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Back