OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Fiji 32 ext and am very pleased with it for my first saltwater tank. I did have a quality issue that was resolved by fiji cube. Also, I upgrade to the fiji 20 sump over the 15. Currently running a varios 2 return pump and and gen 5 xr15. Feel free to ask any other questions.
Got pictures of your plumbing

DirtDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go.

IMG_20200415_201757.jpg

DirtDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also upgraded to bigger overflow box. That way I had 1 inch drains. But I only have 1/2 in return. But I can always change the return size later if needed.

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so then a union above where the pvc goes into the stand would maybe another one below it as well.

I feel a Home Depot run in my future
This is an informative video you can watch on plumbing. I have to pass out tho. Work at midnight. I’ll check back on this thread tomorrow. Be patient and take your time planning!

DirtDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One nice thing about this kit was they supplied a lot of the plumbing fittings. Attached is a picture of what was sent to me. This alone saved a lot of extra money. But it is just the minimum to hook it up. I've you go with more bends or turns you will need more fittings. I bought pvc through BRS but you can save menu and go to home depot. I'm to anal to have crappy white pvc showing. What's a couple more dollars when I'm already in this deep.

IMG_20200320_150356.jpg

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One nice thing about this kit was they supplied a lot of the plumbing fittings. Attached is a picture of what was sent to me. This alone saved a lot of extra money. But it is just the minimum to hook it up. I've you go with more bends or turns you will need more fittings. I bought pvc through BRS but you can save menu and go to home depot. I'm to anal to have crappy white pvc showing. What's a couple more dollars when I'm already in this deep.

IMG_20200320_150356.jpg
What size return pump did you go with

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I'm following this. Fiji is having an open box warehouse clearance sale in my area so I just pulled the trigger on a new frag tank, the 48G EXT. Total impulse buy, but the price seemed too good to pass up.

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I'm following this. Fiji is having an open box warehouse clearance sale in my area so I just pulled the trigger on a new frag tank, the 48G EXT. Total impulse buy, but the price seemed too good to pass up.
What did you pay for it?

OP
OP
Reefing_addiction

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just found a deal I couldn’t pass up. Unfortunately it wasn’t a Fiji. It’s is a reef ready tank. When I pick it up Friday I’ll start a thread!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$540 tank and stand. Congrats on your new tank!

navada718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Sicce SDC 6.0. I love it. You need a pump that will do about 10x tank volume plus sump volume. 32g DT + 20g Sump = 5-600 gph pump. Get a DC one if you can. Use a gate valve, not a ball valve on main drain line from tank. That is my biggest mistake. I will never do that again. Ball valves are almost impossible to tune correctly.
Hey, I have this pump & am having trouble connecting the it to my wifi. None of my other electronic devices have an issue with my wifi. Anytime I attempt to connect it says "Internet may not be available " which is not the case.
Screenshot_20201102-212735_Settings.jpg

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I have this pump & am having trouble connecting the it to my wifi. None of my other electronic devices have an issue with my wifi. Anytime I attempt to connect it says "Internet may not be available " which is not the case.
Screenshot_20201102-212735_Settings.jpg
Select Keep Wi-Fi connection. After you finish setup it should be all good. Great pump

navada718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Select Keep Wi-Fi connection. After you finish setup it should be all good. Great pump
I did or do & It connect without wifi, any way. Won't open in app. I contacted Sicce & they recommended some bull **** that didn't help in the least. Im starting to regret getting this pump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back