Fiji ARF 20 1.5

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi huys and thanks in advance, i have had a fiji arf 20 1.5 for over 3 months now no issue however, i just bought new fleeces replaments directly from fiji bought my last from BRS but the new ones are restricting my water flow tremendously a whole role in less then a day, double check everything including the float sensor everything is working just like it should. The fiji web site says that the fleeves are 75u and the BRS site says 20 microns what's going on here has anyone gone thru this with this roller if so please help.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi huys and thanks in advance, i have had a fiji arf 20 1.5 for over 3 months now no issue however, i just bought new fleeces replaments directly from fiji bought my last from BRS but the new ones are restricting my water flow tremendously a whole role in less then a day, double check everything including the float sensor everything is working just like it should. The fiji web site says that the fleeves are 75u and the BRS site says 20 microns what's going on here has anyone gone thru this with this roller if so please help.
Hi could you post a pic of your Fiji cube roller filter gen1.5 thanks

OP
OP
JDR0505

JDR0505

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 20240105_134555.jpg
    20240105_134555.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 29

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can possibly try 80 micron custom cut by Precision Converting (they also are on ebay):

I'm still in the middle of setting up my tank but I do have an ARF-20 1.5. Lots of folks on here use Precision Converting for their filter roller supply and I was going to go this route.

Edit:
By default they sell 2" inside diameter (ID) but they also sell 1" and 3" ID adapters

Last edited:

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, looks like I got a defective motor assembly on mine…
I got the Fiji cube roller mat because the dimensions fit the innovative marine sump.

Attachments

• IMG_7440.jpeg
    IMG_7440.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7441.jpeg
    IMG_7441.jpeg
    219.2 KB · Views: 18

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, looks like I got a defective motor assembly on mine…
I got the Fiji cube roller mat because the dimensions fit the innovative marine sump.
Based on the not aligned motor side and the lower body, it looks like they gave you two of the same side lower piece.

Edit:
Actually it looks like they screwed up on the connecting piece. Its supposed to be flush with the motor side.

From their product page:
1711999112053.png

Last edited:

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s weird. The whole width of the lower portion of the motor side is about 1/2 inch less than the width of the flange of the filter body. Also the holes are misaligned too.
I emailed Fiji cube and got a reply on Saturday that they will look into getting me the right part. Hope the follow thru.
By the way I saw some comments about buying 6 inch filter rolls from AliExpress with customizable fleece grades ie 20 micron to 150 micron.

don.chaneaux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s weird. The whole width of the lower portion of the motor side is about 1/2 inch less than the width of the flange of the filter body. Also the holes are misaligned too.
I emailed Fiji cube and got a reply on Saturday that they will look into getting me the right part. Hope the follow thru.
By the way I saw some comments about buying 6 inch filter rolls from AliExpress with customizable fleece grades ie 20 micron to 150 micron.

Nice please let us know where that post is ... 100-150 micron would help rolls last longer and same time not strip out all nutrients.

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice please let us know where that post is ... 100-150 micron would help rolls last longer and same time not strip out all nutrients.
I saw it in this thread

and also at https://preconfilter.com/products

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back