Fiji Cube Build

leicaguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept aquariums and reef tanks since the early 1960's I began to keep salt water fish in the 1970's transitioning from a filter floss and carbon to
image.jpg
under gravel filters to the revolution of Tunze equipment. I have had all sizes of tanks and today I am starting a new FijiCube, smaller than usual at 36x24x24, the tank was delivered and set up yesterday, now the plumbing and set up before getting it wet.
My impression of the tank stand and sump is very good, I would recommend Fiji Cube

This is the equipment I am going to use:
Controller Neptune Systems, Neptune COR 15 return pump, Dalua GW10 skimmer, Eheim heater, I rarely use UV so will not plumb this in , Neptune ATO, Marco Rock, have not decided on my lights as yet will be SPS dominant tank More to come as the build becomes a reality.

OP
OP
leicaguy

leicaguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to tell you I am super impressed so far with the build and quality of tank, stand and the sump, The ATO is all low iron glass as is the aquarium, the sump is well built Thank you Fiji Cube
I have decided on T5 Giessman lighting, probably with ati bulbs, I have used every light source in this hobby from t10, to tungsten T8 VHO Halide HQI LED and back to T5 it will be a 6 bulb fixture and should be OK, good thing is there are many options if not . The rock work is all Marco Rock held together with super glue and hydraulic cement, it is super sturdy very open and was put together in a short time with a chisel and mallet and a lot of determination
Although I will use a controller and I know you can keep a good reef without this, the water volume for me is relatively small (I call it a nano tank) changes happen quickly and could be devastating to a tank this size so I think the Neptune investment is a good one This weekend we will do the plumbing , and I will try and understand Neptune
This is probably my 10th tank and through the years have used everything from fresh live rock , deep sand beds, m"magic mud" ceramic blocks, triton and zeovit and various skimmers and reactors =, today I will keep it simple skimmer(trying Delua though I really really like royal exclusive) , carbon, GFO and Ca, KH , MG supplements via DOS. More photos to come

JDadX3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this tank with the internal overflow? Is the back all glass or acrylic? I’m trying to decide between this, the RSM 425 or the Waterbox 105.4. Thoughts on the sump? Looks more functhan the other two brands.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can show us more of the tank picture and the inside that will be great!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back