Fiji Cube Reef Mat (Had to Return It)

So I ended up recently removing the filter roller from my system. No matter what I do I can not get more than 2 weeks out of a roll, new or washed (yes I rewash the dirty fleece and reroll it back onto cardboard tubes). The 30 seconds every other day changing out socks is much less of a hassle and time consuming than changing out the fleece every two weeks which takes 20-30 minutes each time. Plus I honestly feel like the roller was stripping needed nutrients from my water. I had to begin dosing nitrate as they dropped to 0.5 and ended up with dinos and now I’m starting that battle!
are you carbon dosing or adding any bottle bacteria? I notice even with socks when I do they seem to need changing more often.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new