Fiji Cube Reef Mat (Had to Return It)

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it is me, but after waiting 2 months trying to get this Automatic Roller matt in NOV, it finally arrived JAN 2023. A week later, I had to return it. It would reset itself over and over, the filter would not advance, the loud dripping of water (Fiji claimed they are designing a silencer for it), and you physically have to be there to press the button to reset or the roller would not advance. Two days out of this week, my ATO did what it was supposed to do, dump water into my aquarium..well MORE than it would normally do, due to the Fiji Cube not advancing as it should. I provided 5 days of video documentation to the Fiji Cube folks, and they could not figure out what was wrong with the roller mat. I asked for a replacement because, despite a few hiccups they have had, once the product works as designed, FijiCube has some good products. I have their 108 INT complete system, and before that, their 36" Sump which you can see on my YouTube videos. I was told after requesting a replacement, I would have to wait until they evaluate the one I have, because "no one else is having the same issues as I am having." Among other things that I am frustrated with is the customer service of Fiji Cube, I think I am going to take a pass on this thing until they figure out what is wrong and work on their customer service, something I shared with them via their chat service. Meanwhile, the Fiji Cube folks are getting trained on how to use this AFR

bee144

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer, just got a fijicube sump in hopes of picking up the roller.

I think I’m going to pivot to trigger system platinum sump and v2 roller.

love my Fujicube tank and stand though!

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer, just got a fijicube sump in hopes of picking up the roller.

I think I’m going to pivot to trigger system platinum sump and v2 roller.

love my Fujicube tank and stand though!
Yeah I agree, their sump is fantastic...but man, they definitely need to work on After sales/Customer Service and figure out what is going on with their roller, I was excited about getting one

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like fiji cube for their DIY all in ones and sumps, but I have found their pumps and anything electronic to be very questionable.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
//23 JAN 2023 UPDATE// I decided NOT to return the AFR. I switched the water sensor to the opposite side and used the larger nylon screws instead of the ones the instructions had listed around the holder handles, as that was the source of the Roller not working initially; the roller was "teething" continuously and I would say, the AFR Roller is a little loud from the water hitting the surface of the water. According to FijiCube, within a month, there will be a silencer available for their AFR. See Video Below

Djhype97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same sump and am in the market for an automatic fleece roller. If you had to make this purchase again, would you? I’m not sure if there is another model out there that would fit this sump?

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same sump and am in the market for an automatic fleece roller. If you had to make this purchase again, would you? I’m not sure if there is another model out there that would fit this sump?
IF @Fiji Cube sticks to their word by bringing a silencer in by NEXT month, then yes I would buy again. If they do not include a silencer then the HONEST answer is NO I would not purchase again. I would reach out to them directly and ask about that silencer; that was one of the reasons I was going to return it; but the representative told me last week, within a month (4 weeks) a silencer is on the way.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate that you had to return it!!
I didn't return it, however I did take it down because of the cascading noise of water. I went back to socks until Fijicube come out with a silencer. They promised as of Friday, that one will be available within 2 weeks, so mine is temporary removed until the silencer are produced.

sharkguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping I have no issues either, just order their ext 81 bc it came with a free roller instead of going with a waterbox or innovative marine so i didnt have to replace my stand. I have their 24 sump. Supposed to ship sometime in the next week or so.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping I have no issues either, just order their ext 81 bc it came with a free roller instead of going with a waterbox or innovative marine so i didnt have to replace my stand. I have their 24 sump. Supposed to ship sometime in the next week or so.
Well good luck, but they (Michael) is aware of the loud noise the AFR is producing. I even tried to post it on their Facebook page, but it got removed once I posted the video.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good luck, but they (Michael) is aware of the loud noise the AFR is producing. I even tried to post it on their Facebook page, but it got removed once I posted the video.
Funny thing was, as soon as I posted the video on their (fijicube)Facebook page, after it was removed 2 times, I received a message from them via their text chat feature, saying a fix will be available in 2 weeks....lol that was 2 weeks ago....nothing yet.

Mtterry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny thing was, as soon as I posted the video on their (fijicube)Facebook page, after it was removed 2 times, I received a message from them via their text chat feature, saying a fix will be available in 2 weeks....lol that was 2 weeks ago....nothing yet.

whats that ETA? Also whats the vertical clearance look like. I dont have a ton of room directly above that area.

TIA

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats that ETA? Also whats the vertical clearance look like. I dont have a ton of room directly above that area.

TIA
So yesterday, I got another response (Next week is the anticipated shipping of the silencer) see screenshot. As for thr vertical clearance, it depends...are you using their sump? If not the AF comes with legs for none Fiji Cube sumps, where it just drops in. I currently have a fijicube sump, so the clearance doesn't pertain to myself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230218_113405_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230218_113405_Chrome.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know how your set up is coming along.

Mtterry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterday, I got another response (Next week is the anticipated shipping of the silencer) see screenshot. As for thr vertical clearance, it depends...are you using their sump? If not the AF comes with legs for none Fiji Cube sumps, where it just drops in. I currently have a fijicube sump, so the clearance doesn't pertain to myself.
I have the 30. I'll take a pic when I get home

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back