Fiji Cube Sump Baffle Kit screw replacement size

Lonewalkerr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2025
Messages
15
Reaction score
6
Location
Columbia, MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the baffle kit a year ago and I'm NOW getting around on setting everything up and I siliconed the bubble trap but the screws just slide in and out, one of them does screw if the moon and sun are in the right spot, lol. My wife thought about getting screws and having a nut on the other end instead of me siliconing the darn thing in so at least her way I can adjust the water level. Does anyone know the screw size before I go down this rabbit hole?

Thanks!
 
I bought the baffle kit a year ago and I'm NOW getting around on setting everything up and I siliconed the bubble trap but the screws just slide in and out, one of them does screw if the moon and sun are in the right spot, lol. My wife thought about getting screws and having a nut on the other end instead of me siliconing the darn thing in so at least her way I can adjust the water level. Does anyone know the screw size before I go down this rabbit hole?

Thanks!
It looks suspiciously like standard 1/4-20, but I haven’t actually run a tap or known nut to check…

If you have any thumb screws with good threads left, head to your local hardware store with it and run it on their thread checker to find the thread pitch for a suitable nylon replacement!
 
It looks suspiciously like standard 1/4-20, but I haven’t actually run a tap or known nut to check…

If you have any thumb screws with good threads left, head to your local hardware store with it and run it on their thread checker to find the thread pitch for a suitable nylon replacement!
Thanks!!! The issue isn't the screw, they are perfect. It's the holes they drilled in the baffle, there's hardly any threads so I may go with an M6 and use a nut on the other end to hold up the height baffle.
 
Thanks!!! The issue isn't the screw, they are perfect. It's the holes they drilled in the baffle, there's hardly any threads so I may go with an M6 and use a nut on the other end to hold up the height baffle.
Just out of curiosity; could you just drill and tap to the next size up?
 
Just out of curiosity; could you just drill and tap to the next size up?
There's two issues, one is it's already siliconed in the tank and second I'm not handy at all besides knowing what you're talking about. I suppose I could take it to a hardware store and see if they can drill, tap the next size up but I would rather find a nylon nut/bolt and go that route.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new