Fiji Peninsula 20G- UGLY TANK!!!

Moose.Jy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello y'all,
I've had a 20 gallon Fiji Peninsula sitting new in it's box for three years now while life hurricaned around me. Now that I've found my footing I'm finally going to set it up! I got the rock and sand years ago as well so I'm starting with dry everything. I'll be running some tims and doing a nitro cycle, then covering the tank itself and doing like a dark cure on the rocks in-tank with stock pump running and no filter set up, as I have nowhere else to "cook" them, Im also going to toss in AlgaeBarn galaxy pod mix and let them run wild. (I have to look into a feed schedule for them yet)
Just before turning on the lights I plan to drop in a CUC and then some hungry fish!

I have an ink bird but could use a suggestion on what heater to buy

As my tank is ... Ageing? I'm going to get;
AI Prime
Hygger mini
Fiji stock lid
Ato (brand tbd)
I'll be running filter sock and chem-pure
May turn second chamber into a refugium in the long run, no plans on a skimmer as I'm just going to try for a light bio-load if I need it later I'll go with a hang on refugium to open up the space.
-am I missing anything?-

My end goal is mainly LPS dominate,
I for sure want some frog or octo spawn and some bubble, but I've been waiting years already so don't plan to purchase any corals for at least 6-8 months.

Live stock wise, I hope to have
clown goby (red or yellow)
Sharknose goby
Firefish (type tbd)
And 100% after I got a mature tank in a year or more a sand sifting twin spot goby.

Currently I'm just fighting with my rock, I aperntly can't scape to save my life. If there's an ugly aquascape award I'm sure I'm winning after two days I've pretty much give up and am just going for as many hidy holes as I can make with my to big for the tank rocks

I'll post pics of the catastrophe in a few days, best fish wishes everyone!

OP
OP
Moose.Jy

Moose.Jy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm officially changing the theme of this tank to Ugly Scape

My lack in skills for all things artistic has won again this is as good as it's going get!
IMG_20220720_122314769.jpg

IMG_20220720_122201467.jpg

Sea gods have mercy, I tried.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back