Icp test.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody kindly check on my icp test. And tell me what else i should be dosing? My manganese is low, and iodine as well. I do water changes 43% every 2-3 weeks. Mostly 3 weeks.

I have all for reef on a doser i do 32ml 8ml throughout the day.

https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/icp-oes/198510 I have a goni and i know they love manganese. Tank is 150G lps mostly and some softies

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnesium is not low (it is higher than normal average seawater) and I would not raise it, although a small rise is unlikely to hurt anything either.

I also would not say that iodine is particularly low, but again, a small rise is likely a fine plan.

You might (or might not0 benefit from a trace metal supplement (iron, manganese, etc.). This type of ICP cannot tell you, but that too is a fine thing to try.

i don't notice any other issues.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnesium is not low (it is higher than normal average seawater) and I would not raise it, although a small rise is unlikely to hurt anything either.

I also would not say that iodine is particularly low, but again, a small rise is likely a fine plan.

You might (or might not0 benefit from a trace metal supplement (iron, manganese, etc.). This type of ICP cannot tell you, but that too is a fine thing to try.

i don't notice any other issues.
Not magnesium. Manganese.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of product i can buy to experiment with trace metal like what do you recommend me to dose?

My suggest is to use a mix, such as Tropic Marin A and K , and dose based on the product recommendations. :)

If, after 2-4 weeks, things look better, then keep doing it. If not, I'd stop.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggest is to use a mix, such as Tropic Marin A and K , and dose based on the product recommendations. :)

If, after 2-4 weeks, things look better, then keep doing it. If not, I'd stop.
I have a question for you. Somebody mentioned to me before, that using tropic marin A+K is not a good product in terms of traces. Their reason was traces cannot be mixed in. In one bottle. And thats why red sea have multiple products for traces. Whats your take on this? And can i dose and a k with all for reef?

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for you. Somebody mentioned to me before, that using tropic marin A+K is not a good product in terms of traces. Their reason was traces cannot be mixed in. In one bottle. And thats why red sea have multiple products for traces. Whats your take on this? And can i dose and a k with all for reef?

A and K is two bottles. I’m not aware of any reason to think that is an issue.

Yes, you can dose extra trace elements when using AFR.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can somebody kindly check on my icp test. And tell me what else i should be dosing? My manganese is low, and iodine as well. I do water changes 43% every 2-3 weeks. Mostly 3 weeks.

I have all for reef on a doser i do 32ml 8ml throughout the day.

https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/icp-oes/198510 I have a goni and i know they love manganese. Tank is 150G lps mostly and some softies
Same situation. I dose afr and a handful of traces weekly (iron, vanadium, iodine, molybdenum), manganese daily for the gonis. All diy solutions from @Randy Holmes-Farley threads.
We run a chaeto refugium and think that uses up some of those traces quickly.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can u dose them together? A and k? Or u have to wait between doses?

I’d wait a few minutes so one Mixes in before encountering the other. I am not sure what forms of the elements they use, so cannot say with certainty what is ok and what is not.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back