Fiji reopens coral export

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is been a long time since coral were allowed to be exported from Fiji, but that is now a thing of the past. On January 4th, 2018 Fiji stopped the export of live coral. Later this week the first shipments will enter into the trade once more. We all know, or at least should know of the Fiji yellow leathers. The Acropora were some of the nicest from anywhere. I am very much looking forward to opening my shipment later this week. For the newer hobbyist or stained veteran make sure to be on the lookout to get your hands on some of the nicest coral in the world.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There was an article here a couple weeks back that the first Fiji shipments had hit the United States at the end of December. Hopefully someone will post it because I can't find it. It was a really good read.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was an article here a couple weeks back that the first Fiji shipments had hit the United States at the end of December. Hopefully someone will post it because I can't find it. It was a really good read.
I couldn't find anything anywhere on reef 2 reef or arch engines. I was very excited to get a list and yes I order yellow leathers. They put the frame work in to allow export this past spring. I do know that there will be an article in an upcoming issue in CORAL magazine on the topic.

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS is getting in a Fiji shipment this Friday! Not sure what it's in but hopefully I can finally get my hands on an authentic Yellow Fiji Leather
Screenshot_20240123_115844_Facebook.jpg

seanmckerney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exciting! I’ve been trying to find articles but am not seeing much past reef forums talking about it. I know initially Fiji claimed they banned export to protect their reefs, and spoke of possibly farming Fiji corals off shore for export rather than taking them directly from reefs. Do we know what ended up happening to get them to open up export again?

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I couldn't find anything anywhere on reef 2 reef or arch engines. I was very excited to get a list and yes I order yellow leathers. They put the frame work in to allow export this past spring. I do know that there will be an article in an upcoming issue in CORAL magazine on the topic.

That’s where it is. The January/feb issue. I got it just before Xmas and read it.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay, keep us updated with photos.

Where can you buy these?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back