FijiCube AIO tank or drop in kit?

Thatdude156

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m debating on which to do. I’ve already got a 10 gallon rimless tank that I can buy the fijicube drop in kit(this will convert it into an AIO). My current tank isn’t low iron and I would also need to buy a return pump.
I could buy the Fiji cube AIO tank which already has a pump and the glass is low iron, but with black silicone. Which option would you go with? I like the dimensions of their tank a little more than my standard 10g tank.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! You really like it huh? I’d basically be paying the same either option so I’m leaning heavily towards their tank.
Well I sold it before I used it because I decided to build a bigger tank, but when I unboxed it I was impressed with the build quality. Yeah the drop in filters are more oriented towards those stuck in a standard tank already

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 20g AIO kit and I think it's awful. The clamps serve no purpose so plan on siliconing it in place, the magnet won't hold it. The filter sock holder is terrible, the sock doesn't stay in and the holder doesn't stay put so water can just flow right beside the filter sock without having to go through it.

I emailed support and after 2 weeks didn't hear back. Fortunately I bought through BRS and they tried to get Fiji support to help me but the response from Fiji cube didn't address any of my issues. BRS gave me a refund. Highly disappointed in Fiji Cube.

anemoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a 20g penisula aio from them and am very pleased with it. Aesthetically there is no comparison in my mind to a rimless aio and a rimmed tank with an aio kit slapped in. I am strongly considering one of the aio kits for a quarantine tank where I don't really care about looks because they do appear to be very high quality and well thought out.

My only complaint on the "tank" was that the stock pump was to noisy to use because the tank sits right next to my desk. Depending where you have it sitting in may not be a big deal.

My vote goes strongly for getting the actual aio tank

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote the AIO tank. The chamber configuration is much better than that in the drop in kit. Doesn’t seem like a big deal now but you will like to filtration in the AIO tank much better than the drop in one

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd go with the tank as well. I have the drop in kits for a couple 20g longs and a 40g breeder that I use for breeding tanks. FO a quick low cost option those are great. If I were using the tank in question as a display tank I'd get the AIO without question.

Teamredfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 20g AIO kit and I think it's awful. The clamps serve no purpose so plan on siliconing it in place, the magnet won't hold it. The filter sock holder is terrible, the sock doesn't stay in and the holder doesn't stay put so water can just flow right beside the filter sock without having to go through it.

I emailed support and after 2 weeks didn't hear back. Fortunately I bought through BRS and they tried to get Fiji support to help me but the response from Fiji cube didn't address any of my issues. BRS gave me a refund.
Fiji cube has yet to reach out to me about a concern I have as well and it’s been over a week now. They were quick to remove my review though. 100% regret buying this

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fiji cube has yet to reach out to me about a concern I have as well and it’s been over a week now. They were quick to remove my review though. 100% regret buying this
I agree... I modded both of my kits and they work ok now. My only thing that bugs me is that the center compartment water level on the 40g AIO kit fluctuates so I have to constantly dial in the skimmer. It needs another baffle there, which I'll get around to doing soon.

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that. I don't post many reviews but that was one I felt strongly enough about to discourage anyone from buying. Great concept, terrible product.

Back