Question for Chaetos Placement In a AOI Tank

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment, I have a FijiCube 32 AIO aquarium with mechanical/media filters in both chambers "A" and "B".

There will be 1 chamber for the media basket, the other for chaetos. So, to which chamber, "A" or "B", the chaetos should be placed? And the reasons? Thank you for the replies!
AIO Tank.jpg

pierrelowey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment, I have a FijiCube 32 AIO aquarium with mechanical/media filters in both chambers "A" and "B".

There will be 1 chamber for the media basket, the other for chaetos. So, to which chamber, "A" or "B", the chaetos should be placed? And the reasons? Thank you for the replies!
AIO Tank.jpg
Not necessarily a reply to the question but I always read and understood the heaters shouldn't be placed in the same chamber as the return pump as this is the section that will run dry first? and the heaters need to be submersed all the time. Not sure if this applies with your tank but just wanted to give a heads up!

sgdnycct

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a similar/related question. I have three chambers in my Fiji 38 Pen. I want to use the center chamber as a refugium. Question is how do I light it? Is light from the top sufficient or should I cut out the black plastic coating and run a light down along the back of the tank?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back