fill light for kessil ap9x

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys i just bought 2 ap9x for my full sps reef tank 48”x24”x24” with large sps colonies wall to wall. What do you think I should combine them with for maximum sps growth and to fill in dark areas?

Acquatic Life hybrid fixture or new Coral cover or 2 Led bars?

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reef brite add ons are not too expensive and seem to work well with kessils (based on one brs map with the a360x. The coral cover looks really neat but I haven't heard much about them. T5 hybrid is also not bad and is popular but I tend to shy away from t5's because I don't want to have to replace them and specially dispose of them. I think you can't go wrong with any of those options.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you should combine anything until you have signs you don't have enough light.

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing but good things come from adding T5. Soft diffused light that's awesome at filling in shadows and growing SPS.

DarfrogDojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Peppe - I have a kinda similar issue. I currently have a Kessil a360w ATI hybrid setup where my T5s are the fill light... and my tank is perfect. I love the Kessil shimmer, and the T5's keep my SPS happy while I'm at work. But I just crossed the 1 year mark and I don't want to start changing T5 bulbs. So, I thought maybe I would replace the T5'swith LEDs. I bought a pair of Radion xr15's to solve the problem, with a one light solution. Plus I'd go from 4 plugs down to 2. But for some reason, I just can't seem to pull the trigger and change my lights. In a perfect world, I'd like the fill and spectrum of the T5s (but with LEDs by using the Radion G5s) and the shimmer and crispness of the kessil. Have you (anyone) ever considered a Radion Kessil Hybrid in the same way we use a Kessil ATI T5 hybrid?

OP
OP
Peppe

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Peppe - I have a kinda similar issue. I currently have a Kessil a360w ATI hybrid setup where my T5s are the fill light... and my tank is perfect. I love the Kessil shimmer, and the T5's keep my SPS happy while I'm at work. But I just crossed the 1 year mark and I don't want to start changing T5 bulbs. So, I thought maybe I would replace the T5'swith LEDs. I bought a pair of Radion xr15's to solve the problem, with a one light solution. Plus I'd go from 4 plugs down to 2. But for some reason, I just can't seem to pull the trigger and change my lights. In a perfect world, I'd like the fill and spectrum of the T5s (but with LEDs by using the Radion G5s) and the shimmer and crispness of the kessil. Have you (anyone) ever considered a Radion Kessil Hybrid in the same way we use a Kessil ATI T5 hybrid?
i think that no cluster led light allows to have a filling like the t5. The only solution is to use led bars together with the kessil. The problem is whether to use white led bars or blue led bars. Are the white LEDs of the kessil able to make corals grow well like the white t5 tubes (coral pus or acquablue special)?

DarfrogDojo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think that no cluster led light allows to have a filling like the t5. The only solution is to use led bars together with the kessil. The problem is whether to use white led bars or blue led bars. Are the white LEDs of the kessil able to make corals grow well like the white t5 tubes (coral pus or acquablue special)?
I wish there was a controllable LED bar.

OP
OP
Peppe

Peppe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was a controllable LED bar.
they already exist… look at these bars. you can check with another tool always gnc

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those seem only available on Italy. Anything like that in the U.S.

You can order them in the US, if interested shoot me a PM and I’ll provide you the contact number for the rep here

Or contact Elos here-

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys i just bought 2 ap9x for my full sps reef tank 48”x24”x24” with large sps colonies wall to wall. What do you think I should combine them with for maximum sps growth and to fill in dark areas?

Acquatic Life hybrid fixture or new Coral cover or 2 Led bars?
I suggest a couple bars of t5s

Back