Filling in…

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to take my 55 down today and the last thing that’s in there is a giant (like the size of your palm) turbo. I cannot get this sob off the glass, been trying for weeks. Tried sneak attacks, tried just pestering it with the net, and I tried to drive it to where I wanted it to go. Any suggestions? Thing is strong and I don’t want to hurt it but when I grab on it just holds the glass even tighter.

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to take my 55 down today and the last thing that’s in there is a giant (like the size of your palm) turbo. I cannot get this sob off the glass, been trying for weeks. Tried sneak attacks, tried just pestering it with the net, and I tried to drive it to where I wanted it to go. Any suggestions? Thing is strong and I don’t want to hurt it but when I grab on it just holds the glass even tighter.
Never seen one that big!!!

Plastic grass scraper will work just be gentle. Start on one edge of the foot moving it back-and-forth gently till you get underneath - it’ll let go eventually especially if it feels something touching his foot.

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got him, tried to quickly get him while he was sleeping and he just tightened down so I stuck a butter knife blunt edge down in there and gently pulled and twisted while tapping his foot with the knife. Saw your post like two seconds after I was done lol

Attachments

• 9BB10A40-B7D3-4E4C-9438-6176CEEE0131.jpeg
    9BB10A40-B7D3-4E4C-9438-6176CEEE0131.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got him, tried to quickly get him while he was sleeping and he just tightened down so I stuck a butter knife blunt edge down in there and gently pulled and twisted while tapping his foot with the knife. Saw your post like two seconds after I was done lol
Big boy!!!
Glad you got him off!

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of using the emarco 400 mortor for assembling rock in my new build. Do you have to use the super glue as well or can I just go with E Marco and just give it more time to cure?

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of using the emarco 400 mortor for assembling rock in my new build. Do you have to use the super glue as well or can I just go with E Marco and just give it more time to cure?
I used Insta-set Super Glue & Accelerator - (Bob Smith Industries) first, once I was happy with the layout I used the E-Marco-400 Aquascaping Mortar Complete Kit to lock them into place and Bahama Aragonite Sand (MarcoRocks) to skin the mortar for a more natural look.

I deeply enjoy aqua-scaping, I don’t know, maybe it’s the brutality of a chisel and a hammer breaking the rock apart and then being able to create something, I feel, is more natural-looking and not just a stacked pile of boulders.
2E9F9DFC-5318-4063-8302-9F8C9137960C.png

91C7F706-73DC-4C94-9E7F-08E862E7DED9.png

DDC26461-7698-495B-895A-B5317A186CA9.png

The only thing left is a small island in the center but that’s easy enough.

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Insta-set Super Glue & Accelerator - (Bob Smith Industries) first, once I was happy with the layout I used the E-Marco-400 Aquascaping Mortar Complete Kit to lock them into place and Bahama Aragonite Sand (MarcoRocks) to skin the mortar for a more natural look.

I deeply enjoy aqua-scaping, I don’t know, maybe it’s the brutality of a chisel and a hammer breaking the rock apart and then being able to create something, I feel, is more natural-looking and not just a stacked pile of boulders.
2E9F9DFC-5318-4063-8302-9F8C9137960C.png

91C7F706-73DC-4C94-9E7F-08E862E7DED9.png

DDC26461-7698-495B-895A-B5317A186CA9.png

The only thing left is a small island in the center but that’s easy enough.

Thats cool! It definitely gives a much more three-dimensional an interesting look. I've got a ton of rock in my current tank but it's not open. Good side of it is that some creatures like hiding in there. The bad side is some creatures I don't see more than once a year. I think with the more open structure I can get them much better sense of depth from front to back of my tank.

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys keep fish/shrimp in your sump? If so what kind and which chamber?
Never fish unless they are combatants and overly aggressive towards others, and even then I try to rehome. Peppermint but that’s only because I had a aptasia upbreak that’s starting to get under control now. Once they’re out of my sump, I plan to rehome those as well.

Useful_Idiot

Artificially Intelligent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible job on the rockwork! Glad to see another old timer keeping a nice reef. Love the tank as well, might be my next one. Ideal Dimensions.

OP
OP
Tacticool-Reefer

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Incredible job on the rockwork! Glad to see another old timer keeping a nice reef. Love the tank as well, might be my next one. Ideal Dimensions.
Well there’s a name I have I haven’t seen in a while how you been?

It’s a nice tank you’d be happy with it I’m sure!

Useful_Idiot

Artificially Intelligent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there’s a name I have I haven’t seen in a while how you been?

It’s a nice tank you’d be happy with it I’m sure!
Things are good. I don't post much anymore but still read the forums quite a bit. My tank is filling in as well after a total teardown when I moved. Bought the tank itself in 2011 so planning on replacing in the next few years.
markup_107.png

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are good. I don't post much anymore but still read the forums quite a bit. My tank is filling in as well after a total teardown when I moved. Bought the tank itself in 2011 so planning on replacing in the next few years.
markup_107.png
@Useful_Idiot Your tank is beautiful! Please consider coming to one of our tank Tuesday virtual meetings and sharing it with us.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back