Filter Cleaning

emilyruthw

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2022
Messages
40
Reaction score
33
Location
London
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a AquaOne AquaNano 60 tank with a Multi Stage Back Filter. I clean my filter sponges and change my carbon monthly however, today I have seen a lot floating in the water of my fish tank and realise that the glass at the back of the tank (where the sponges and carbon are kept) is covered in a thick orange substance that I’m guessing is algae. Should I clean this or leave it be?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new