Filter mat in a aqueon tank

pookie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2024
Messages
196
Reaction score
94
Location
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I'm at a bit of a stump here on how to plumb this. I have 2 tanks hooked up to the same sump a 20 and 90. I'm trying to install a reefmat 500 on the system and want both outlets going through it... pics are below but what can I do to combine these 2 pipes together to the reefmat mat. Should I get a T of some sort and combine them? Will this even work? Please let me know thanks! Or should I just do one pipe and the other free flowing into the sump to the skimmer or something?

20240906_181122.jpg 20240906_181134.jpg 20240906_181141.jpg 17256718624078579979170118452295.jpg
 
Use a T
 
I could use a "Tee" however that would limit the flow between both tanks or "overflows" I ended up using a "Y" that was non pvc then connected it to pvc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new