Filter Media that WON'T remove copper?

MerlotAndFamily

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm treating my QT right now and was wondering if you can use- like, Poly Fill or any other kind of media in the filter when treating with copper. I want something that will catch and remove food waste to help with ammonia but not remove my medicine.

Using Cupramine by Seachem

Also I have the API copper test kit because that's all they had at my LFS but I've heard it's no good. What do y'all think? I've heard Salifert recommended a lot.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm treating my QT right now and was wondering if you can use- like, Poly Fill or any other kind of media in the filter when treating with copper. I want something that will catch and remove food waste to help with ammonia but not remove my medicine.

Using Cupramine by Seachem

Also I have the API copper test kit because that's all they had at my LFS but I've heard it's no good. What do y'all think? I've heard Salifert recommended a lot.

API won't work with cupramine. You need a low range copper test kit like Salifert, Seachem ect.

You can use a dense sponge in the filter to help remove larger food particles.

SeaJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t realize this about poly filters. I grabbed some of this from the local box store so I could go carbonless in my hob. Been having a hard time keeping copper levels stable in my qt. I ordered the Hanna checker thinking the API test kit I got at my lfs might not be accurate, but it’s not here yet. Could this filter media be removing my copper power?

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/imagitarium-filter-pad

Back