Filter roller in RFS-27 sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jon112378
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jon112378

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2023
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Location
Dumont, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any have any luck installing an auto filter roller in the Innovative Marine RFS-27 sump? If so, which one?
 
Now that looks to be challenging, there's not a lot of room in that one! Did you find a solution to this?
I’ve been looking at the smaller Red Sea roller as that one can hang on the sump wall or has feet. My thinking is that if it hangs it might fit. Would just need to modify the edge of the sump wall.
 
I’ve been looking at the smaller Red Sea roller as that one can hang on the sump wall or has feet. My thinking is that if it hangs it might fit. Would just need to modify the edge of the sump wall.
Alternatively, have a look at the Smart Roller from Reef Factory. it has a smaller foot print than the Red Sea and can hang / stand as well.
 
Take a look @ Reef Factory 3 models.
Champion Lighting- US distributor.
Mine works just fine.
 
@Jon112378 So convenient to find this question already asked. What did you end up trying and how did it work? I am considering the RFS-27 sump and really want to include a filter roller.
 
Hello all:

Bumping this to see if anyone has successfully installed a roller into a RFS 27 sump? Innovative Marine really needs to help us with a solution here.

Until that happens, I have been looking at the reef factory smart rollers which look like they will fit however, I am not sure yet how to channel the water into the water input. Maybe something 3d printed that fits over the input side of the chamber? Any thoughts on this?

Cheers, Steve
 
@Jon112378 So convenient to find this question already asked. What did you end up trying and how did it work? I am considering the RFS-27 sump and really want to include a filter roller.
I still haven’t figured it out. For the time being I’m using reef diapers in place of socks which are easy enough to change. Def not as convenient as a filter roller but works for now.
 
Bumping up this older thread. Any new fleece rollers that will fit in our RFS 27 sumps? I see that the Klir DI-4 can fit with some modifications. The Red Sea NanoMat Fleece roller also seems like it might fit in the 4” filter sock space.
 
Bumping up this older thread. Any new fleece rollers that will fit in our RFS 27 sumps? I see that the Klir DI-4 can fit with some modifications. The Red Sea NanoMat Fleece roller also seems like it might fit in the 4” filter sock space.
No modification needed for the klir 4
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new