Filter sock clogging and skimmer went crazy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nitro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nitro

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
715
Reaction score
601
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have been fighting some problems in my reef lately when I had another issue pop up. I came home Saturday night and noticed my skimmer overflowing like crazy,just like when it was new and breaking in and my filter sock was clogged and it was overflowing also. I shut down the skimmer and removed the sock for the night. Sunday I turned on the skimmer and replaced the sock,the skimmer is ok not really doing much but the socks need to be replaced a every 6 hours or so. Any ideas?
Thanks,Larry
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new