Filtersock maintenance

Damdeno

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2020
Messages
38
Reaction score
51
Location
Beaufort
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fairly new to hobby how frequent do you replace filtersock. Just placed some ick treatment and wanted to know if I should replace the sock to help get rid of any ick/ich treatment trace still in the filtration.
 
I change out weekly when I do water changes. Everyone has different opinions on when they should be changed. But I wouldn't go more than a few weeks without changing them out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new