Filtration for a frag system?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sula
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Sula

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - I am just wondering what type of filtration people are using on frag systems. I am setting up a 37g frag tank with a 20L sump, I will have a skimmer and am deciding about additional filtration. Live rock? Carbon? any type of mechanical filtration?
Aside from frags, the system will be either fishless or possibly have a 6-line wrasse. I will probably feed the frags as I like LPS the best :angel:

Any opinions?
 
Whats this make Sue, tank number 4 or 5? Personally, I don't see the point of setting up a tank, frag or otherwise with LR. The amount of bacteria provided by the LR for filtration purposes is huge.
 
Must we count?? LOL
Actually its an upgrade for my existing frag tank so it's 5 for now but will be 3 once I take that 2-tank set up down :)

Did you mean to say "without" live rock ? I was planning on putting at least a little in this tank, mostly because I just always do LOL.....
 
Must we count?? LOL
Actually its an upgrade for my existing frag tank so it's 5 for now but will be 3 once I take that 2-tank set up down :)

Did you mean to say "without" live rock ? I was planning on putting at least a little in this tank, mostly because I just always do LOL.....

Opps, good call LOL. Yep, I meant to say "without".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new