Filtration for Waterbox 35.2

DaddyDaughterNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't even put water in my JBJ 20 cube yet and I'm already seriously considering an upgrade. We were originally thinking about putting the tank in my daughter's room, but now we're considering a different spot where the footprint of the Waterbox 35.2 makes a lot of sense.

How would you setup filtration in the 35.2? I see some people using the Tunze 9004. More economical right now would be an InTank media basket with floss/Chemi-Pure/Purigen/bio balls one one side, with a floss holder on the other. Would the combo of floss/chemical media/bio balls be effective, or would you recommend the skimmer instead? If I were to use a skimmer, would I use the filter socks or floss at all?

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't even put water in my JBJ 20 cube yet and I'm already seriously considering an upgrade. We were originally thinking about putting the tank in my daughter's room, but now we're considering a different spot where the footprint of the Waterbox 35.2 makes a lot of sense.

How would you setup filtration in the 35.2? I see some people using the Tunze 9004. More economical right now would be an InTank media basket with floss/Chemi-Pure/Purigen/bio balls one one side, with a floss holder on the other. Would the combo of floss/chemical media/bio balls be effective, or would you recommend the skimmer instead? If I were to use a skimmer, would I use the filter socks or floss at all?
I am not familiar with the set up but...
Floss is for mechanical filtration and Skimmer is for nutrient export, I would use both if they fit.

Back