Filtration, What’s your favorite?

What method do you use?

  • Just a skimmer

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carbon dosing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Triton

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    7

Gator0930

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2018
Messages
245
Reaction score
130
Location
THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a million different combinations for filtering a tank. What does everyone run? Refugium? If so what macro? ZeoVit? Triton? A combination?
 
Below is a sump I built around 5 years ago. I called it the Marine Pure Block with skimmer sump. LOL

1578461424989.png


Until recently I had this next configuration - the cryptic / semi cryptic zones with ATS sump.

1578461697102.png


I had a sponge / critter crash after dosing flatworm exit x 2 as recommended to deal with a zoa Nudibranch problem. xxx
I don't recommended it.

So I decided to go simple. Internal flow, algae scrubber to look after Nitrogen, phosphate & CO2, & filter floss to keep it a clean machine. That’s it. Boring, isn’t it.

1578462124453.png

There's an ATO that sits on top of the sump. And there are heaters, & a pump for a chiller in the sump (not shown). :p
 
Skimmer with filter sock & live rock in the sump.
Chillers and heaters to filter out heat and cold, as needed.
I use GFO when I overfeed and do water changes if it gets out of control.
 
Cant beat the sump system filtration method especially when servicing the tank as all maintenance is performed below tank and right in front of you especially on larger tank systems
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new