Finally, a high quality home test kit!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
91,627
Reaction score
96,729
Location
Massachusetts, United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5749.jpeg
 
I bet it’s gonna be tough to find reagents and replace ampules for it.🤣
 
Hmmmm, I wonder how well they would be for my tank
 
I saw it in an antique store, and then noticed many of the vials still had fluids in them. If they were clean and empty I might have bought it. But with unknown chemicals in it, it probably would elicit a hazmat response if someone dropped it. lol
 
I saw it in an antique store, and then noticed many of the vials still had fluids in them. If they were clean and empty I might have bought it. But with unknown chemicals in it, it probably would elicit a hazmat response if someone dropped it. lol
More of the reason to buy it
 
Well, with my Nachet I identified the dinoflagellates... 😀
 

Attachments

  • Nachet.jpg
    Nachet.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 15

Finally, a high quality home test kit!​


Only complete if you have a proper lab balance to go with it!

IMG_7737.jpeg



I saw it in an antique store, and then noticed many of the vials still had fluids in them. If they were clean and empty I might have
bought it. But with unknown chemicals in it, it probably would elicit a hazmat response if someone dropped it. lol

My grandfather was an old school dentist. That was the gold balance he used to weigh amalgam filling materials (typically mercury and silver) and to build inlays, bridges and crowns, or catalog the reclaimed metals for later use.

Hazmat nightmares? We ended up with a gallon or so of pure mercury when he passed, among other oddities...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new