Finally a phone pic I like

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT
"I'm not able to edit the title of this thread, but I'm going to post pics here that I've been capturing with my phone. I got caught up in the Tunze Photo Bomb Giveaway and started trying to get some creative shots with my phone and discovered its a fairly capable little pocket camera now that I'm learning to use some of it's features. Phone is a galaxy S21 Ultra with pro mode used on most pics. Pro mode allows me to adjust the white balance and not have to use a filter to overcome the blues. Hopefully you'll see something photo worthy. Thanks for looking " END EDIT

I used to be a pretty serious amatuer photographer but stepped away years ago. I have a phone / camera like everyone does these day and with the exception of my dogs I have yet to capture an image I really like. They all look like snap shots, which they are but I like more in a photo sometimes. I managed to get this one the other night. It's tweaked but thats what editors are for right? ;) I really like it so I thought I would share. It's cropped a bit tight but I still like it
20220724_221206.jpg

Last edited:

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be a pretty serious amatuer photographer but stepped away years ago. I have a phone / camera like everyone does these day and with the exception of my dogs I have yet to capture an image I really like. They all look like snap shots, which they are but I like more in a photo sometimes. I managed to get this one the other night. It's tweaked but thats what editors are for right? ;) I really like it so I thought I would share. It's cropped a bit tight but I still like it
20220724_221206.jpg
Very nice! Filters and editors work wonders on blue photos and videos. Well, as long as they are not overly saturated. Well done!

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always been a fan of macro photography. While not as capable as a dedicated macro lens the phone captures textures pretty well. Thus is my space invader pectinia.
20220810_135754.jpg

And space invader Cyphastrea. Not sure why they are both called "space invader", marketing?
20220810_135936.jpg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the same phone I've messed with some orange lenses with it to but the phone does pretty good on its own.

I'll be checking back I love looking at photos!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-211502_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220812-211502_Gallery.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Texture for today. I'm struggling with focus, manual and auto. I'm sure because of the water flow. Makes me miss a camera against my forehead looking though a viewfinder. It's so much easier to rock back and forward to get subjects in focus rather than looking at the screen and moving the phone back and forth. I really should start thinking about a macro lens for the nikon D40 that's laying around here at the house :thinking-face:
20220817_205723.jpg

Back