Finally coming together!

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ick, Dino's, algae bloom, melting hammer think I've been through enough in the last year! Finally the tank is stabilizing, I might get a second to enjoy for a little while before the next fiasco starts.

IMG_6510 (1).jpg IMG_6505.jpg IMG_6510.jpg

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people have success within the first year, I am amazed. Did you start with dry rock
No live rock, tank is 16 years old I've just neglected it for quite a while. Dino's make it look so much like crap I almost gave up. When I tried to make things better I think I got it all out of balance and bad things happened.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved those AGA/Aqueon 92 gallon corner tanks. I had a 36 gallon bowfront myself but went back to flat glass when I had seahorses. They are dirty and it was easier keeping flat glass clean. So I have an Aqueon 56 gallon column now.

Your tank looks great now and very likely you are through the worst of it. It takes real perserverence to stick with rejuvenating a neglected tank, but you have done a good job from what I can see. Don't underestimate the value of a mature tank, and with consistent care it should reward you with a flourishing aquarium.

DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now sit back and enjoy it
You should be proud of what you have achieved

I can see the usual fish in there can we get a fish list from what you keep in there ? And an invert list seems you have the right combo to demonstrate such a thriving tank

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now sit back and enjoy it
You should be proud of what you have achieved

I can see the usual fish in there can we get a fish list from what you keep in there ? And an invert list seems you have the right combo to demonstrate such a thriving tank
Nothing too unusual, 2 clowns, yellow tang, hippo tang, bi-color angle and a neon dotty back. Only invert is a hermit crab and s skunk cleaner shrimp.

Still have glimpses of Ick in there even though I went no fish for 3 months just trying to keep fish fat and healthy. I have a extremely large uv sterilizer ready to go if Ick comes back.

Been dosing All for Reef and NO3:pO4-X, still doing weekly water changes to bring down nitrate and phosphate

NO3:pO4-X .5 ml
AFR 9.6 ml
1/13/2024​
7.8PH
7.4DKH
500Calcium
1520Magnesium
1.025Salinity
0.61Phosphate
22.4Nitrate
0Nitrite
0Ammonia
77Temperature

DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing too unusual, 2 clowns, yellow tang, hippo tang, bi-color angle and a neon dotty back. Only invert is a hermit crab and s skunk cleaner shrimp.

Still have glimpses of Ick in there even though I went no fish for 3 months just trying to keep fish fat and healthy. I have a extremely large uv sterilizer ready to go if Ick comes back.

Been dosing All for Reef and NO3:pO4-X, still doing weekly water changes to bring down nitrate and phosphate

NO3:pO4-X .5 ml
AFR 9.6 ml
1/13/2024​
7.8PH
7.4DKH
500Calcium
1520Magnesium
1.025Salinity
0.61Phosphate
22.4Nitrate
0Nitrite
0Ammonia
77Temperature
Absolutely surprises me with this nothing really out of ordinary

Love seeing other peoples parameters definitely gives me food for thought

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%

Back