Time to release my inner build

DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it begins I recently got the wonderful gift of an all in 1 aqua one reef 160 for Father’s Day which was approx 6 months ago

During this time I have experimented and had some really amazing highs and some serious lows (all my fish dying)
By using this all in one system it’s got me u
To understand lighting , equipment , chemicals required , water testing , rock , substrate type and even what kind of mix of fish vs inverts vs corals

I do believe I’m now ready to continue watching how my first tank progresses but start my journey into a serious build

my current tank is a 160ltr tank approx 37g currently but this build I’m about to take on will be much bigger to support what I want and yes I’m not going looking for an all in 1 system I’m ready to build from scratch

So it would be great to take everyone else here on my journey of progression and I’m oh so looking forward to it

Watch this space …..

First line of business the right tank ….. size , shape and cabinet

Goubli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience has proven that when starting a new tank/build the first decision you need to make is what type of animals you are planning to or desire to keep. The second decision is where you you put the tank and whatever space that is determines your ultimate limit on size (depending on budget of course).

The rest of the design/plan will be determined by the above.

The more time you plan the better the result (typically).

Best of luck!

OP
OP
DJC

DJC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

So it looks like my family are on the move again and we are going to be moving countries so my tank thread which was about to start is now in suspension mode

Looks like il be selling my current tanks and will be continuing my tank thread when I arrive in the UK

Watch this space …..
still aiming to build a creep tank just have to hold off now till we have moved completely

This just gives me more time to plan my next tank and I’m aiming for a whopper of a tank!
Thanks all

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back