My only complaint about the way Neptune implements the AWC is that they program the right-hand pump to rotate counter-clockwise (reverse of normal direction) to drain water from the tank. While this functions perfectly fine day to day, it poses a problem when it comes time to calibrate the DOS or to prime the DOS lines, because both of those functions require the DOS head to rotate clockwise, but the way Neptune recommends connecting the tubing requires the pump to rotate counter-clockwise.
To get around this, I highly recommend ignoring Neptune initial setup instructions, which are shown here:
Instead, I recommend connecting the right side pump with the tubes reversed as follows:
Once you have the tubing set up, run the DOS AWC Setup task in fusion. This will set up the programming for you.
Now modify the automatically created programming to change the Drain pump to "Add" instead of "Remove". This will allow the head to rotate clockwise during the AWC. Think of it as "Adding water to the drain" instead of "Removing water from the tank".
Your AWC will still run properly, but the Drain pump (the right side pump) will rotate clockwise just like the Add pump on the left side. But when it comes time to calibrate or to prime the lines, the right-side pump will rotate clockwise like normal which still matches the orientation of your tubing, allowing you to run these functions without disconnecting and reconnecting the tubes.
I've been running my AWC like this for over 2 years with no problems, and on the occasions when I need to recalibrate or prime the lines, it saves me from the big headache of disconnecting and reconnecting the tubing.
I'm honestly not sure why Neptune chose this configuration, but I think my setup makes way more sense.
If you're new to the Apex, see my 8-part Apex Programming Tutorial series for a lot more tips and examples:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials.700483/
[/QUOTE
My only complaint about the way Neptune implements the AWC is that they program the right-hand pump to rotate counter-clockwise (reverse of normal direction) to drain water from the tank. While this functions perfectly fine day to day, it poses a problem when it comes time to calibrate the DOS or to prime the DOS lines, because both of those functions require the DOS head to rotate clockwise, but the way Neptune recommends connecting the tubing requires the pump to rotate counter-clockwise.
To get around this, I highly recommend ignoring Neptune initial setup instructions, which are shown here:
Instead, I recommend connecting the right side pump with the tubes reversed as follows:
Once you have the tubing set up, run the DOS AWC Setup task in fusion. This will set up the programming for you.
Now modify the automatically created programming to change the Drain pump to "Add" instead of "Remove". This will allow the head to rotate clockwise during the AWC. Think of it as "Adding water to the drain" instead of "Removing water from the tank".
Your AWC will still run properly, but the Drain pump (the right side pump) will rotate clockwise just like the Add pump on the left side. But when it comes time to calibrate or to prime the lines, the right-side pump will rotate clockwise like normal which still matches the orientation of your tubing, allowing you to run these functions without disconnecting and reconnecting the tubes.
I've been running my AWC like this for over 2 years with no problems, and on the occasions when I need to recalibrate or prime the lines, it saves me from the big headache of disconnecting and reconnecting the tubing.
I'm honestly not sure why Neptune chose this configuration, but I think my setup makes way more sense.
If you're new to the Apex, see my 8-part Apex Programming Tutorial series for a lot more tips and examples:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/neptune-apex-programming-tutorials.700483/
I‘ve had my trusty Apex jr for years now. The DOS is the last module I need. For my 40g, the Jr. has enough capability to run all my equipment.