Finally got a good light and good deal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JZ199
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2014
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
7,523
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I finally feel like I moved up in the world lol, and from reading online I think a good deal too... for my 150 gallon I finally switched from old school fluorescent lights that have the wood grain look to a 72" coralife professional series 53530 with 3 250 watt metal halides, 4 led lunar lights and 4 96 watt actinic fluorescent bulbs... so far I love it and can't believe how much different the tank looks with them, and the fans are also surprisingly quiet. Got it from a friend at the LFS for $300... has anyone else ever used these lights or have any opinions? It took a lot of debating between this or an led setup.

1450741626983.jpg
 
I have never used that brand, but you can't go wrong with good old MH and T5 combo!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new