Finally got my feeder to work with Feed Pause!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, after initially setting up my P4 I was a bit disappointed because when I hit Feed Pause manually my feeder did not activate ! After using the “ other” brand controller I sort of assumed it would work right out of the box . Couple days ago I connected my laptop to the controller and, after a couple try’s, I got the programming correct to have my feeder trigger both automatically by timer and when I manually hit FP! Way to go GHL![emoji41]

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally bought one about a month ago! Figured since I recommend it to people I should own one. Haha. I've only heard good things about it. My buddy who is a techy, gizmo type dude swears by it. He's had his for over 3 years now and it's never let him down!

I haven't set mine up yet. Maybe I will get to it this weekend. I did get some TDO pellets for it this week as well!

Thanks for your purchase of TDO. We would love to see a feeding demo if you got that auto-feeder setup. ;)

Best,
Chad

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, when I get home from work I’ll hook up, pull and post the info.

Hi guys, sorry about the late response!
So normally I have my P4 set up to feed via a timer, when initiated the skimmer ( Filter 1) is switched off if it’s online, I also added a delay timer on it to allow time for water flow into the overflow to stop( return pump also goes to minimum)
8cb20b13b5ae55811e10c0ae7d1480d6.jpg

For feed pause 1 which I use to manually feed, I used another gate which inverts the state of Filter 1 since my skimmer is off during the day this would make it seem that the skimmer is ON constantly which prevents constant triggering. When initiated the status inverts , switching to OFF making it “TRUE “ for the FP to occur. I also added the delay timer here too.
76261130014093d37cf97fbaa7f937b5.jpg

Then for the final piece at the switched output I set it up to choose either OR one of the two conditions set up by the two previous logic gates 7 and 11 so when the timer or the skimmer activates the outlet turns on

Hope this makes sense!!

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I don’t understand is why GHL does not make an auto feeder controllable by the P4 much like Neptune does... it is the only piece missing in their lineup [emoji849].

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had two of those , It’s a piece of crap! ... my current feeder is 1000% better and the GHL programming makes it just as integrated.

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune’s feeder is just a rebranded Chinese piece with a usb interface to allow control. Lifeguard Aquatics has the same feeder and could be used with GHL if you like that style.

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. That is why I would love GHL to pick up that excellent idea and apply their excellent engendering to make an amazing auto feeder [emoji4]

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back