Finally happy with my AI Blade mounting!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,703
Reaction score
2,308
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t like the mounts that my 12” Blades came with. I upgraded to the raised mounts and I liked them a lot better, but tank maintenance on my small tank was impossible without removing one or both lights.

Looking around I saw someone use the Current USA LED mount along with the AI Blade clips! They all came in today and boy am I happy! I can get my hands and tools in there! If you’re on the fence, and need tank access, this is the way to go!
Old:
IMG_2063.jpeg
IMG_2064.jpeg
IMG_2066.jpeg
IMG_2067.jpeg
 
Looks good! Love it :)
 
I didn’t like the mounts that my 12” Blades came with. I upgraded to the raised mounts and I liked them a lot better, but tank maintenance on my small tank was impossible without removing one or both lights.

Looking around I saw someone use the Current USA LED mount along with the AI Blade clips! They all came in today and boy am I happy! I can get my hands and tools in there! If you’re on the fence, and need tank access, this is the way to go!
Old:
IMG_2063.jpeg
IMG_2064.jpeg
IMG_2066.jpeg
IMG_2067.jpeg

Is there a reason you have 2 of them on a small tank?

I’m trying to elevate mine as well cause it’s annoying to move the 3 foot light when I want to get in the tank
 
Is there a reason you have 2 of them on a small tank?

I’m trying to elevate mine as well cause it’s annoying to move the 3 foot light when I want to get in the tank
One is a Grow and the other is a Glow. I started with just the Grow and wanted the color pop of the Glow. The Glow adds the UV, violets and more royal blues. It makes a ton of difference in the fluorescence of the colors.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new