Finally have a good thing going...but now, moving!

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally have my new tank where I want it...healthy fish population, nice mix of corals( I'm newly trying SPS and it's going pretty well), good equipment, no diseases. Now we have a great offer on a house and so I'm going to retire early spring and we're moving from upstate NY to Colorado...where all our kids live! SO looking forward to this even though it's a little sooner than I thought...I've been a nurse for 40 years.:cool:
But not looking forward to having to move my tank and inhabitants all that way. I'm thinking I'll take the tank, live rock and fish what the heck us on the drive maybe? If I can come up with a way to keep some flow going? But I know I won't be able to keep my corals alive that long. What does everyone think of asking someone to foster my coral for awhile? I could send it via FedEx or whatever ahead of time...and I think a nice fat gift certificate would be warranted for the fosterer!;Smuggrin
Has anyone tried something like this? I will be moving to the area near Loveland ski center...about 45 min west of Denver. So anyone in that general area.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can. But I would suggest redo it, sell everything and get new stuff. You have learned a lot , so this is a opportunity to revisit some things, and I personally think transporting tank so far is just not worth the effort, unless you do this often.

OP
OP
Cherie cook

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can. But I would suggest redo it, sell everything and get new stuff. You have learned a lot , so this is a opportunity to revisit some things, and I personally think transporting tank so far is just not worth the effort, unless you do this often.
Oh I can't do that! This system is less than six months old...I bought all the best I could afford for equipment. So it's coming with me one way or another. I'd just like to get someone to foster my corals!

OP
OP
Cherie cook

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I am going to ask a local high end fish and corel
Store....it's in Stowe, vermont. See if he will let me place some of my new corals at his place until we get the tank is set up and ready to go in Colorado, then he ship then all to me...for a price, of course!
I think I can handlmoving tank, fish, and live Roche . I plan to go over to visit him in the nesxtcouplr days.
Oh I can't do that! This system is less than six months old...I bought all the best I could afford for equipment. So it's coming with me one way or another. I'd just like to get someone to foster my corals!

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, similar boat. I finally got a big 125 set up and everything moved over from my old tank. Ordered the foxface I’ve wanted since I got into saltwater...and now my husband wants to sell our house and buy an all season trailer while we build a house. Not really conducive to fish keeping.

If that happens I will sell or give away my livestock, but keep my tanks and equipment in storage. I might see if my cousin in Idaho wants to foster stuff.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back