Finally received the unicorn of small skimmers

Maximus93101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you order the cadilights off mode aquariums? And how long did it take to get to you?
Yeah, I am curious to know if you ordered it from Mode Aquariums or not. Mode is only three miles away from a site that I support, and I was in the area yesterday, so I went to their address as it is listed online and the suite was empty. The business next door happened to be getting a delivery when I arived, so I went in and askd them if the aquarium shop next door had moved out and they said "Yes, about 5-6 weeks ago".

Not sure if they moved and relocated, or if they are out of business all together. I just know they are no longer constructing aquariums any more, but they COULD conceivably stil be fulfilling skimmer orders from someones garage or another location. I really want one of these things, so i may just take a chance and order one, knowing there is a high risk that I might not get anything. I'll let you all know if I do.

I guess I've got more money than brains, and I DON'T have a lot of money, so not sure what that tells ya ;0)

All of that to ask if you purchased from the Mode Aquariums website, as it is clearly a different skimme. Having said that, it appears to be working quite well for you, so congratulations!

Maximus93101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if they moved and relocated, or if they are out of business all together. I just know they are no longer constructing aquariums any more, but they COULD conceivably stil be fulfilling skimmer orders from someones garage or another location. I really want one of these things, so i may just take a chance and order one, knowing there is a high risk that I might not get anything. I'll let you all know if I do.
Well, I'll be darned...

About an hour or two after I wrote this, I decided, against all common sense, based upon what I saw yesterday, to go ahead and order one of these blasted beasts.

As luck would have it, I just checked my email before heading to bead and I got a notification, including a UPS Ttracking number that the skimmer has SHIPPED! Like... The SAME DAY I ORDERED IT!

Maybe Mode finaly got their act together, It will be intersting to see if I get the Skimmer Toddah received, or what is pictured on the website.

Will keep you all posted!

OP
OP
T

Toddah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220517_105305.jpg

Longer term skimmer report.
Well after a few weeks I got this tuned in and its producing some of the richest skimmate I have ever gotten.
This is about 5 days of collection.

I was using a Tunze 9004 and it worked great but I wanted a collection cup to be larger and have the ability to run a remote collection jug when I go camping.
I am happy with the whole skimmer. Easy to adjust, not finicky or temperamental.
I quit using the adjustable air intake and have it hooked direct to a line to my furnace fresh air intake pipe. Raised PH about .03.
I just recieved an adapter that will allow me to seal in the collector cup and recirculate the air thru my CO2 pellet reactor. Hoping to raise PH a few more tenths.

OP
OP
T

Toddah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you order the cadilights off mode aquariums? And how long did it take to get to you?
Yes, about 4 weeks. They told me they were waiting on the first of the new designs (after I contacted Paypal to report a fraudulent sale)
I got it a few days later.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back