Finally Signed up

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I finally signed up today although I have been lurking for a few years now. I have had saltwater tanks since the early 80s. I also have had goldfish, koi, cichlids and discus fish at various times. I currently have two mixed reefs, a 120- and 90-gallon tanks. I set them up probably about the same time i started lurking on R2R so a couple years now. Always something to learn with reef tanks. Keeps the mind young! I appreciate the vast amount of knowledge and talent I see on R2R and hope to learn from all.
Welcome to R2R

Welcome to R2R.JPG

OP
OP
SamuraiTang

SamuraiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef, Samurai Tang!

If you have had tanks since the 80s then we expect you to be able to discuss Hairbands and Discos and their impacts upon fishes and reef keeping. Glad to have your experiences and wisdom on this site.

Cnn Great Big Story GIF by HAIR
First, thanks for the warm welcome! Secondly, being in Detroit (the one and only home of rock and roll) and saying words like hairbands, disco or John Revolta will have one observing aquatic life at the bottom of the Detroit River. However, experimentation was done and the results are shown below-
IMG_4768.JPG

This is the reason disco is dead. Long live rock!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I finally signed up today although I have been lurking for a few years now. I have had saltwater tanks since the early 80s. I also have had goldfish, koi, cichlids and discus fish at various times. I currently have two mixed reefs, a 120- and 90-gallon tanks. I set them up probably about the same time i started lurking on R2R so a couple years now. Always something to learn with reef tanks. Keeps the mind young! I appreciate the vast amount of knowledge and talent I see on R2R and hope to learn from all.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Excited to hear site has been good source of info (and I agree!)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
SamuraiTang

SamuraiTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Excited to hear site has been good source of info (and I agree!)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thanks for the info. Perhaps someday I will do a build thread.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back