Finally.....

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
637
Location
lovely rainy NW Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 15 years of patiently watching the net and waiting for a true blue Squamosa clam I have one. I have only seen 5 of these come up for sale. I have personally bought at least 10 Squamosa's that looked blue in the vendors pic's but much to my disappointment when they were in my tank they weren't a true blue clam. To say the least I wasn't even excited about this clam coming because I figured it was just another one to add to the list of miss represented clams. When my lights came on today I was and still am ecstatic!!! This is just a quick cell phone pic of the clam, I cant get my clamera dialed in on the white balance right now to truely capture the colors, I'll work more on that tonight.

Another cool part about this clam is that it is covered with Barnacles:wink:

532851_438346542846313_100000129120650_1992468_720271770_n.jpg
 
Gorgeous... Congrats!
 
Awesome clam! Congrats!
 
Congrats Chris on the nice find. It's awesome to see you find one after all that time. :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new